Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Trying to make a plan

So we are in cycle 11, coming up on 1 year since I ditched the birth control.  I saw my GP around the beginning of cycle 10 to get my thyroid levels tested (results came back at 2.21 which my GP was happy with).  While I was there, we talked about TTC and she was very calm and confident, saying it is probably just taking us a little bit longer.  Since I was going for blood work anyways, I also wanted to know my blood type (curiosity sake) and she said she would go ahead and run the usual prenatal bloodwork since I was going for the draw anyways.  She suggested that we try for another couple of cycles, and if we weren't pregnant I am to go for an ultrasound (I asked and she didn't specify a particular CD...I guess just looking for obvious problems?) and then go see her, at which point we would discuss sending me to a specialist for testing.  

So here we are, probably a week before O on cycle 11 and I'm trying to figure out some sort of timeline (because that's just how I roll).  I should have asked about the wait times to see an RE, because from my experience, in Ontario, it can take months to get in to see one (ortho and MRIs are my experience).  So I thought if this isn't our cycle, then I'll book the u/s and make an appointment to see her shortly after.  That ends up being right around when H and I are leaving for vacation.  It looks like I should be starting my expected FW as soon as we get back, so I don't know whether we see if that cycle is successful and if not, pursue the u/s and appointment with my GP.  I just hate to think we could wait another two cycles before doing anything, and even more so if the wait time to see an RE is months long.  I feel like there are so many questions in my head and I don't know what to do or who to talk to.  Everyone I know, or friends of friends, all seem to have got pregnant rather quickly.  I tried googling wait times for RE's in Ontario but didn't find anything, not surprisingly.  I'm just someone who likes the information, good or bad, I just like to know what I'm dealing with and then make a plan to move forward.  That's why I'm anxious to find out if we have obstacles to overcome; if we do, I just want to get the info and deal with it as best we can.  Not knowing is like torture for me, it makes my head go to the worst options and Dr. Google doesn't help!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's so hard not knowing. I totally get it. For me, I needed my OB to actually do an official referral to see the RE so even if the wait time was long, I couldn't have booked the appt without the go-ahead from my OB first. Not sure if it's that way for you with your GP too or not. I hope when you do see her that she'll be ready to move you along with testing (or to an RE) at the speed you want!

    PS - have an awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this, I really appreciate your input :)

      Delete