When we decided to pull the goalie, I remember thinking that the first month wouldn't be ideal since H had a big ski trip planned for March; wouldn't it be terrible if I were 9 months pregnant and he were leaving on a trip! I remember being so hopeful; I was excited to wake up and temp every morning, I was excited to pee on sticks, I would wake up at 4:30am at 10DPO and try not to get up and pee so I could hold it and test with FMU when I got up. Sigh, how my perspective has changed since then. I do love charting, I love the knowledge I am able to gather from it, I have enjoyed learning about my cycle, but I'm feeling pretty well versed in TTC and would really like to move on to the next part, the being pregnant part, the being a mom part.
This has been a roller coaster ride, and a mindfluck for the most part. I have learned to chalk up all 2WW "symptoms" to PMS, they don't mean shit unless you get that second line. Last cycle, by the 2WW I was officially out of OPKs, HPTs and Preseed and I thought, "Wouldn't this be the perfect time to get a BFP? No more TTC "tools" around, it would be perfect!" Because I didn't have any HPTs in the house, I just waited for AF to show up, like always - and it did, but not until a day later than usual, just to screw with my head one more time.
Every holiday that arrives, every family dinner I'm at, I imagine what it would be like go to one of those with the exciting news that I'm pregnant. Or at least I used to - I used to day dream about how I want to tell our family, how I want to tell H, how I think I would feel finally seeing a second line pop up. But I'm slowly losing hope that we're going to be able to do this on our own, without some sort of intervention or assistance. and that sucks. Who knows, maybe we are just one of those couples that it takes a while for. I have to tell myself this, I need to keep myself from assuming the worst because honestly, at this point, we just don't know yet, and I have a bad habit of assuming the worst.
I swear I'm not such a downer IRL, this blog is the one place I can put these negative feelings out there though, and I need to get them out so they don't eat me up. I just never imagined a year ago that I would be writing this, I thought I'd have a baby by now, or at least on my way to having one. One year, 365 days and I feel like I'm in the same place. Except that my desire for our baby is relentless and at times, all consuming, and my heart is hurting. I have never wanted something so bad and been so powerless to make that happen. That is not a feeling I am ok with, so I have armed myself with all of the tools that are available to me so I can to take back as much of that control as possible, but unfortunately, this is out of my hands.

:( I'm sorry you hit your one-year-mark. I can relate to every word of this post and wish I could tell you the secret to success. It sucks, but unfortunately it is entirely out of our control.
ReplyDeleteI took comfort at getting started with our RE once we hit our one-year-mark. Even though we're still not pregnant, at least I feel like we've taken control of the situation as much as we can.
I hope your BFP isn't far away! Hang in there!
Thanks for the kind words :) Although I'm nervous, I'm looking forward to taking those next steps and getting a referral for an RE. Like you said, I think I would feel at least a bit better if we were doing something proactive. Hoping this cycle is it for you and that my BFP isn't far behind!
DeleteI was in the car blasting, and belting out, Mumford yesterday and I thought of you :D
Good luck taking those first steps. I know they can be scary, but you can do it. Just one step at a time.
DeleteI just bought concert tickets to see Mumford at a festival in August!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
I feel exactly the same way you do. It has definitely been a roller coaster ride for us too. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you've reached a year. I totally understand all your feelings and am right there with you. I hope the referral to the RE won't take too long and that you can take some steps to move forward. It's hard "conceding" that you may need additional help to get KU when you've always pictured it happening "naturally" (and quickly!) but I know for me, now that I'm getting help and have started meds I have hope again and can feel positive again. I hope you will too! (((HUGS!!)))
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies, it sure helps to get this stuff out there, and it means a lot to have your support :)
ReplyDelete