Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Vacation 2012

H and I are planning our 2012 vacation and we have decided to go to the Canadian Rockies.  It is somewhere that H has actually spent a fair bit of time, but I have not, and that seems a sin.  We really love to travel and sometimes we forget (briefly) that there's still so much of our beautiful country I want to explore.  I want to see all of these beautiful places I hear about - Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, etc.  I'm pretty excited that we're actually starting to make some progress on planning this trip, I was starting to worry it wouldn't come together.  How gorgeous does this look?


This comes back to TTC, as so many thoughts do, and I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment; I have this unrealistic expectation, or hope-tation because I'm not really expecting it (yup, I like to make up words). There is this amazing picture of my parents, from their 20s, in the Canadian Rockies, it's such a great shot of them.  My mom was 3 months pregnant with my older brother in that photo, her first baby.  For the last month, since we started discussing this possible trip, I have had it in my head that it would be so awesome to be able to recreate that photo.  I have even thought it could be a good way to announce to my parents!  (I was thinking something like this:  http://indulgy.com/post/iRKLdTh7Q1/funny-pregnancy-announcement) Since cycle 10 was a bust, there's a much smaller chance that I'll actually be able to do this.  I almost think because I have this idea in my head, cycle 11 is that much more likely to be a bust.  It would just be such a cool way to tell them...  Anyways, I know we can only do what we can do, but I really loved that idea.

On to CD6 now and still waiting....

2 comments:

  1. So you are taking Makaia and I right? lol That looks absolutely gorgeous! I love that announcement too! I know it doesn't help for right now but when you do get pregnant you can still do a great announcement that will be perfect for you and that moment<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to let you know when we book our flights - we'll meet you in Calgary, bring your hiking boots! I guess we will technically have one more shot this month, I'm just getting used to trying to lower my expectations, but secretly all my fingers and toes are crossed!

      Delete